BEFORE: With make-up
AFTER: Without make-up
CETAPHIL FACE WASH: Target // CLARISONIC: Nordstrom // OLE HENRIKSEN FACE TONIC: Sephora // BOBBI BROWN EYE CREAM: Nordstrom // LIRA ACNE CREAM: Licensed Practitioner // JANSSEN COSMETICS PURIFYING MASK: Licensed Practitioner // FACIALIST (UTAH): Julie Foo – (801)830-4848
OK, I’m super excited to share with you all some of my skin care secrets! Well, they’re not really secrets… but I have been asked many times about what I do to care for my skin. I wasn’t born with great skin and have never had a flawless complexion. But, after I started my monthly facials, my skin transformed completely and I’m in LOVE with it!
Facial includes (in order):
1. Facial cleanse
3. Chemical peel (if pregnant, she uses something more appropriate)
4. Face Steam (open pores)
5. Extractions (not all facialists do this.. ask them for it if you want it)
6. UV Light Treatment: (Kills bacteria in skin)(not for pregnant women)
7. Ampoules Application (minimizes pores)
8. Collagen Mask (extra $15) or purifying mask included
The facial usually lasts an hour and a half depending on your skin’s condition. I go religiously once a month, but the facialist will instruct you when to go and what to do at home specifically for your skin-type and condition. Everyone is different so you may only need to come every 6 weeks, or you may need to come every 2 weeks. There isn’t a “one size fits all” with skin care and the facialist will consult you on what your skin needs to make it amazing.
My AT HOME skin routine includes the products shown above. Usually right after my facial I am given specific instructions for the next 3 days. I have oily skin and this is what my usual routine (morning and night) consists of.
2. Tone (C)
3. Eye cream (D)
4. Acne cream (E) – Ask you doctor if you can use this while preganant. (mine said yes)
5. Moisturize (I don’t usually do this unless my skin is dry)
I purchase the purifying mask (F) from my facialist so I can use it WEEKLY as well. It makes a huge difference! The acne cream also needs to be purchased from a licensed practitioner.
**If you’re not in Utah then find a facialist and ask them if they do the facial listed above. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Have a beautiful Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!